Dell PowerEdge R710 Server
CPU: Duel Xeon E5520 (2.2/8cache/4Core)
Memory: 24GB Ram DDR3 10600R (6*4GB)
Storage: 3*HDD 300GB 15K 3.5
Power: 2* PSU 570W
Network: Quad port network card
Raid: PERC H200 (6Gb/s)
Dell’s PowerEdge R710 server was released in 2009 and offers reduced power consumption plus Dell’s integrated systems management tools, including iDRAC6 with Lifecycle Controller. Dell provides several additional tools for Administrators to manage the system on-site or remotely with an Enterprise upgrade key. Like all Dell Systems, once you dial-in the management features and system layout, that knowledge easily translates to the next Dell server you purchase.
This 2U, two-socket server features Intel’s 5520 chipset to support one, or two Intel Xeon quad-core or six-core 5500 or 5600 series processors with 2MB cache per core.
- Intel® Xeon® processor 5500 and 5600 series
- Six-core Intel® Xeon®
- Quad-core Intel® Xeon®
Each processor supports nine memory slots, and with two processors, that’s 18 memory slots total. Up to 288GB of DDR3 memory operating at speeds of up to 1333MT/s can be installed on the system. Administrators can choose a hypervisor from the industry leaders, including VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft, which can be installed on a secure SD card.
Up to 288GB
Up to 1333MHz DDR3
18 DIMM slots: 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB
The Dell R710 server supports several different storage options depending on your needs. 2.5-inch or 3.5-inch hard drive chassis options are available. There’s also an optional flex-bay to install a half-height tape backup (TBU) drive. The full range of chassis options are described in the Specifications section below. SAS, SATA, and nearline SAS drives are supported for up to 18TB of internal storage.
- Hot-plug Hard Drive Options:
- 2.5” SAS SSD, SATA SSD, SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
- 3.5” SAS (15K, 10K), nearline SAS (7.2K), SATA (7.2K)
Maximum Internal Storage:
- Up to 18TB
- Hot-Swap options available:
- 8 x 2.5” Hard Drive Option
- 6 x 3.5” Hard Drive Option
- Optional flex bay expansion to support half-height TBU
- Up to 6 3.5” drives without optional flex bay
- Up to 8 2.5” SAS or SATA drives with optional flex bay
- Energy Smart:
- Two hot plug high efficient 570w PSU
- High output two hot-plug 870W PSUs